It’s just around the corner: Super Bowl XLIX, the 49th-annual championship game of the NFL, will be played on February 1, broadcast from the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona. If you find yourself in the Napa Valley on that weekend, not to worry: We can get as rowdy as anyone when the occasion calls for it. We’ll even switch from sipping a robust Cabernet to a draft brewski and a bar stool. To ensure that you’re in the right place to enjoy the game – and not engaged in a vertical tasting of Reislings – here’s a list of our favorite sports bars from Napa to Calistoga.
- Norman Rose Tavern – 1401 First Street; 707-258-1516
- Downtown Joe’s Brewery and Restaurant – 902 Main Street; 707-258-2337.
- VINeleven Lounge – (In the Napa Valley Marriott.) 3425 Solano Avenue; 707-258-1516.
- Kitchen Door – (In Oxbow Public Market.) 610 First Street; 707-226-1560.
- Cook Tavern – 1304 Main Street; 707-963-8082.
- Pizzeria Tra Vigne – 1016 Main Street; 707-967-9999.
- Sogni di Dolci – 1142 Main Street; 707-968-5257.
- Hydro Grill – 1403 Lincoln Avenue; 707-942-9777.
- Napa Valley Brewing Company – (At the Calistoga Inn.) 1250 Lincoln Avenue; 707-942-4101.
- Susie’s Bar – 1365 Lincoln Avenue; 707-942-6710.
Photo Credit: Norman Rose Tavern