Attention Merlot lovers! During the month of October, more than 42 Napa Valley wineries will be participating in #MerlotMe, a global social media event celebrating the yummy Bordeaux varietal. Across social media channels, there will be a lively conversation among wine-lovers, with dinners, tastings, and other events held in major cities like Austin and Denver.
Locally, the month will be highlighted on October 17 with a must-attend event in San Francisco, at the Observation Post at the Presidio Trust. At least 20 Napa Valley wineries will be pouring their signature bottlings along with library offerings, light appetizers, and panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay. Tickets are $50/person general admission or $75/person VIP with early admission.
Here’s a partial list of #MerlotMe events and specials in the Napa Valley during October:
- Duckhorn Vineyards is offering 10 percent off (15 percent for wine club members) for a mix-and-match six-pack of Duckhorn Vineyards Merlots. It’s also featuring single-vineyard or appellation Merlots on its portfolio tastings.
- Twomey Cellars will be pouring an extra library selection on Saturdays and Sundays for the month of October in both its Calistoga and Healdsburg tasting rooms.
- Peju Province is offering a complimentary pour of its 2012 Merlot if you visit the winery and tweet #MerlotMe.
- Summers Estate Wines is featuring a vertical Merlot tasting paired with chocolate.
- Rombauer Vineyards’ tasting room will feature a Merlot flight showcasing a selection of its finest library vintages, along with barrel samples of future releases. Tuesday, October 14 from 10 am to 5 pm, $20/person.
- Whitehall Lane Winery is offering a Merlot-only library tasting for the month of October and, when a guest purchases six or more bottles of Merlot, they’ll receive a custom #MerlotMe Whitehall Lane T-shirt.