This July, the best talents in music, dance and theatre, cuisine and fine wine are coming to Napa Valley to join one another in celebrating the art of life during Napa Valley Festival del Sole. The summer's most compelling celebration, the 10-day festival features world-class classical music, jazz, opera and ballet along with curated culinary, wine and wellness adventures. This year, it returns for its ninth season July 11-20, 2014.
From glamorous gala evenings featuring renowned artists to lively food and wine pursuits, Festival del Sole will present more than 60 memorable cultural adventures for every interest and budget in Napa Valley’s most remarkable settings.
2014 Napa Valley Festival del Sole highlights include:
- Grammy Award-winning violinist Joshua Bell kicks off opening night with an intimate performance of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons in the courtyard of the Tuscan-inspired Castello di Amorosa.
- A Taste of Napa showcases more than 70 Napa Valley wineries, food artisans, craft breweries and chefs as well as cooking demonstrations and wellness talks.
- The Sphinx Symphony Orchestra, the world’s only all Black and Latino professional orchestra comprised of top musicians from around the country, plays its first west coast performances as the festival’s orchestra-in-residence.
- Carlo Ponti conducts the debut of the LA Virtuosi Chamber Orchestra in a special tribute to the life and career of his mother, screen legend Sophia Loren, at Lincoln Theater and Far Niente.
- Pinchas Zukerman makes his festival debut with performances at Lincoln Theater, Castello di Amorosa and Weill Hall at the Green Music Center in Sonoma.
- Acclaimed soprano Maria Agresta and tenor Matthew Polenzani perform arias and duets from beloved Italian operas.
- Wellness conversations at Bardessono, and a rejuvenating “Yoga in the Vineyards” combine vineyard yoga with wine tasting.
- A Dance Gala featuring ballet sensation Polina Semionova performing with an all-star cast of principal dancers from American Ballet Theatre, San Francisco Ballet, StaatsBallett Berlin, Stuttgart Ballet and National Ballet of Canada.
- A picturesque concert and reception at Opus One featuring rising stars from the popular Bouchaine Young Artist Series under the baton of guest conductor Dmitry Sitkovetsky.
- Jazz legend Arturo Sandoval headlines the glamorous Annual Gala at Meadowood Napa Valley, featuring an extraordinary evening of gourmet cuisine, live music, and a live auction supporting the festival and local arts education programs.
- Leisurely daily luncheons and dazzling nightly dinners at top wineries throughout the valley include Gargiulo Vineyards, HALL St. Helena, Vineyard 29, Alpha Omega, Robert Mondavi, The Hess Collection, Far Niente, Chimney Rock, Ehlers Estate and more.
Tickets & Passes Now On Sale
Single concert tickets start at $39 while the Allegro Pass (from $99) enhances the experience with preferred seating and exclusive after parties at popular locales around the valley. The VIP Pass (from $700) delivers the ultimate Napa Valley insider access with Vintner’s Luncheons and Patron Dinners along with prime concert seating, VIP Lounge access and concierge service.
To purchase tickets, visit www.festivaldelsole.org, call 888.337.6272 or visit the Festival Box Office between 10 am and 4 pm, Monday to Friday, at 915 Trancas Street, Suite B, in Napa, Calif.
Please visit the festival website to view the full schedule and detailed descriptions of each event.